Monday, June 2, 2008

Adoption Progress Report for May

What a month for savings! Uncle Sam decided to put a nice chunk of money into our adoption fund (granted, he was merely returning money we had paid to the government, but I appreciate it all the same). I made about $230 on Ebay for the month, but my husband totally has me beat with all the overtime he racked up. I don't understand how we are able to keep saving like this, considering how much gas and food has gone up, which just goes to show the power of God. I am humbled to tell you that we have reached 57% of the total.

We are waiting on the final homestudy approval, then we get to start a new set of paperwork. I am just hoping that it will be done this week, but it seems something keeps coming up. Ah well, I guess it's a good thing we started the process sooner than we had planned on.

If you feel inclined to pray for us, please pray that the homestudy would get final approval and be completed, that we won't have any snags in the paperwork phase, that we would continue to save, that our Crapavan would not follow through on any threats (squeaky axle, occasionally not starting, dashboard lights being haunted). Oh and that I would get that cookbook done!

Sidenote: Some of you wondered what the Action Garage looked like that it would sell for $100, so here is a photo. It was a complete set with original box.

No comments: