Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mission Statement

A bit of background first:
I am constantly trying to figure out how to make our paychecks go further, and that's gotten even harder lately. Prices on food keep going up, which is really bugging me. I understand if clothes or electronics cost more, but food? That's just not fair. Anyway, I have always been a penny pincher, also known as thrifty, money wise, or just plain cheap. Recently, circumstances have come together in such a way that would indicate to us that we are supposed to adopt. People that know us would say we are crazy, mostly because we already have a few young kids. Oh well, you go where God leads you, and this should be interesting and exciting. So now I find myself in the position of having to make paychecks go further and pull money out of nowhere for what will probably be a very expensive adoption. This will be where I share with you any successes, deals, bargains, and what nots that I came across along the way. I will mostly cover Houston to Conroe, Texas, although some deals carry over to most areas. There will be thrift store reviews, my favorite current deals (these will probably be time sensitive), and best seasonal deals. If you find great deals that impress you, feel free to share them with us. I know my husband could never share my enthusiasm for $.25 spaghetti sauce or a package of Pampers for $4.00. He always listens with a glassy eyed stare that tells me he is just being sweet, but he would rather go play xbox.

A sidenote:
I am notoriously bad with grammer, so I apologize now for any run ons or bad punctuation. I try to be much better with spelling. I am new to blogger, so if you have suggestions or criticisms, I will be glad to hear them.

No comments: